Thursday, March 12, 2009

Kanye on American Idol


I guess I have made it clear to my friends about how much I like Kanye, because I must have got 5 text messages or phone calls last night telling me how bad Kanye sounded on American Idol. Performing 808's and Heartbreak just isn't a good look. The live performances can't re-create the sound we heard created in the studio for the album.

Did anyone notice he rapped Heartless more then usual? Usually the song is more singing, but this performance sounds more like rap. I think he wanted to try and avoid the critics, since obviously he was on a singing show. I would of loveddddddd to hear what Simon Cowell had to say about his performance. I could see Kanye and Simon in one of the most intense arguments ever...too bad that didn't happen.

Bonus - This is the original version of a track off Kanye's first album, College Dropout. GLC released it yesterday to the masses. This was one of my favorite songs back in 03'. 


"Drugggg dealinnnn just to get by, stack that money until it gets sky highhhhhh"

No response to “Kanye on American Idol”

Related Posts with Thumbnails