Friday, June 12, 2009

Nike Sasquatch Sumo2 5900 Driver

My new Nike Sasquatch Sumo2 5900 Driver should be arriving at my doorstep today. I got a 9.5 loft and the stiff shaft (pause). I'm still using all of my Dad's old clubs (Wilson Pro Staff...FTL), but thought I would pick up a driver for my first club purchase. It turns out I'm actually playing Dublin Ranch today and Willow Park tomorrow, so it looks like I will get a little practice with it.

I just wish I would of stuck with playing golf back when I started in 7th grade. I played in 7th and 8th grade, a few times in 9th grade and not again until this April. I had to start over from scratch and learn every last detail again. Golf is both the most fun and frustrating thing in the world. There are so many different things to think of every single time you swing a club, that it almost turns into mush for a while until you can start sorting things out. Going golfing with a lot of different friends also leads to pointers from everyone to the point where you can't sort out the right from the wrong with the bunch. Luckily I have a good friend who I have been calling "The White Tiger Woods" who has been showing me the ropes and trying to help me in any way I can. I can't imagine being able to drive the ball 300+ yards every time...what an amazing feeling that must be.

My goal is to get to the point where I am a serviceable golfer. I don't need to be Tiger Woods or Phil Mickelson, but I'd like to be consistent at hitting the ball. I still will step up to a tee and hit a ball 5 yard to the right before I actually connect with one and that is the single most frustrating thing in the entire world.

Everyone wish me luck out on the course this afternoon...I will need it! I am playing with co-workers and I am definitely going to be by far the most unexperienced of the bunch.

No response to “Nike Sasquatch Sumo2 5900 Driver”

Related Posts with Thumbnails